Item 7.01 Regulation FD Disclosure
Representatives of Investar Holding Corporation (the “Company”), the holding company for Investar Bank, National Association (the “Bank”), will be making presentations to investors during various virtual conferences in the second quarter of 2021. A copy of the presentation materials is furnished as Exhibit 99.1 to this Form 8-K and is incorporated herein solely for purposes of this Item 7.01.
In accordance with General Instruction B.2 of Form 8-K, the information in this Item 7.01, including Exhibit 99.1, is being furnished and shall not be deemed to be “filed” for purposes of Section 18 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, or otherwise subject to the liabilities of that section, and shall not be deemed incorporated by reference into any registration statement or other document filed pursuant to the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, or the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, except as shall be expressly set forth by specific reference in such filing.
The exhibit to this report may include certain statements concerning expectations for the future that are forward-looking statements as defined by federal securities law. Any forward-looking statements are based on the historical performance of the Company and its subsidiaries or on the Company’s current plans, estimates and expectations. The inclusion of this forward-looking information should not be regarded as a representation by the Company that the future plans, estimates or expectations by the Company will be achieved. Such forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties and assumptions relating to the Company’s operations, financial results, financial condition, business prospects, growth strategy and liquidity. If one or more of these or other risks or uncertainties materialize, or if the Company’s underlying assumptions prove to be incorrect, the Company’s actual results may vary materially from those indicated in these statements. The Company does not undertake any obligation to publicly update or review any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise. A number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated by the forward-looking statements. These factors include, but are not limited to, the following, any one or more of which could materially affect the outcome of future events:
• the ongoing impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on economic conditions in general and on the Bank’s markets in particular, and on the Bank’s operations and financial results;
• business and economic conditions generally and in the financial services industry in particular, whether nationally, regionally or in the markets in which we operate;
• ongoing disruptions in the oil and gas industry due to the significant decrease in the price of oil;
• the risk of holding PPP loans at unfavorable rates and on terms that are less favorable than other types of loans, and the Company’s ability to pursue available remedies in the event of a loan default of PPP loans under the Paycheck Protection Program;
• cyber attacks and other security breaches;
• our ability to achieve organic loan and deposit growth, and the composition of that growth;
• our ability to integrate and achieve anticipated cost savings from our acquisitions;
• changes (or the lack of changes) in interest rates, yield curves and interest rate spread relationships that affect our loan and deposit pricing;
• the extent of continuing client demand for the high level of personalized service that is a key element of our banking approach as well as our ability to execute our strategy generally;
• our dependence on our management team, and our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel;
• changes in the quality or composition of our loan or investment portfolios, including adverse developments in borrower industries or in the repayment ability of individual borrowers;
• possible cessation or market replacement of LIBOR and the related effect on our LIBOR-based financial products and contracts, including, but not limited to, hedging products, debt obligations, investments and loans;
• inaccuracy of the assumptions and estimates we make in establishing reserves for probable loan losses and other estimates;
• the concentration of our business within our geographic areas of operation in Louisiana, Texas and Alabama;
• concentration of credit exposure; and
• other circumstances, many of which are beyond our control.
These factors should not be construed as exhaustive. Additional information on these and other risk factors can be found in Item 1A. “Risk Factors” and Item 7. “Special Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements” in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2020, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.